A four years degree program leading towards a B.Sc. (Honours) Computer Science was introduced by the department in 1999. For students enrolling from September 2003 onwards, B.Sc programs have been re-named and modified into four years B.Sc. Computer Science (CS) program.
The B.Sc CS program is accredited by the National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC).
|Fall, 2016||17 Dec, 2020|
|Fall, 2017||17 Dec, 2020|
|Fall, 2018||17 Dec, 2020|
|2015 – 2019||19 Oct, 2017|
|2014 – 2018||19 Oct, 2017|
|2013 – 2017||19 Oct, 2017|
|2012 – 2016||05 Jun, 2014|
|2011 – 2015||05 Jun, 2014|
|2010 – 2014||05 Jun, 2014|
|2009 – 2013||24 Sep, 2011|
|2008 – 2012||24 Sep, 2011|
|2007 – 2011||24 Sep, 2011|
|2006 – 2010||19 Jul, 2008|
|2005 – 2009||19 Jul, 2008|
|2004 – 2008||19 Jul, 2008|
For reference please visit the NCEAC website.
General Eligibility Requirements
An applicant for admission to any of the bachelor’s degree course offered by the University must fulfill the following requirement.
- He/She should have earned (or expected to earn) at least 60% marks in Intermediate/ DAE or equivalent foreign qualification examination excluding sports and Hafz-e-Quran marks.
- He should have appeared in the Entry Test arranged by the University of Engineering and Technology Lahore.
- His subject combination in the entrance test must be the same as his intermediate (or equivalent) subject combination because he will be considered for admission in the prescribed disciplines relevant to his subject combination only. This restriction does not apply to DAE qualified candidates.
- In case the candidate seeks admission based on B.Sc. Engineering Technology or equivalent degree, he should have obtained( or expected to obtain ) at least 60% marks, in case of annual or a CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 in case of semester system
- He should have earned(or expected to earn) at least 50% overall adjusted aggregate marks calculated according to the formula given in the Merit calculation section of the UET Lahore website.
- He should be a bonafide resident of the area from where he seeks admission
- He should meet the standards of physique and eyesight laid down in the medical certificate.
|Subsidized (Rs)||Partial Subsidize (Rs)||Non Subsidize (Rs)|
|Total (8 Semesters Program)||511,111.84||1,538,777.53||2823460.90|
|Total ( 10 Semesters Program)||671916.89||2032761.77||3740407.14|
The Final Year Project (FYP) in the Department of Computer Science UET Lahore is the culmination of students’ degree programs. The main purpose of this project is to encourage students to apply the knowledge acquired during their studies and align their course of studies with the industry demanded technologies. It allows them to work on a substantial problem for an extended period of time, show how proficient they are in solving real-world problems. It brings them a sound opportunity to demonstrate their competence as professionals and to apply what they have learnt in the other components of the degree. Besides, they get a chance to improve their technical skills, communication skills by integrating writing, presentation and learn how to work in teams. With a real-world problem at hand, they get to learn professional practice and a variety of non-technical issues such as management, finance, safety, reliability, environment and social impacts. Moreover, it provides an integrated assessment of the progress of the students toward the training they went through during their academic tenure at the college.
FYP course is different from other courses because it demands independent objective formulation, planning, management and self-motivation. It is therefore essential to design fair and comprehensive guidelines for the students, supervisors and the evaluators. A structured manual and lifecycle process is therefore essential in order to help students conform to the required quality standards, outline general expectations from the supervisors and sketch assessment criteria for the evaluators. Hence, contribute as a fundamental underpinning to achieve high quality learning outcomes of the projects.
Overview of Final Year Project
A Final Year Project is a two-semester course in which students usually of 3-4 members select a project and are supervised by a project advisory board. In this course, students choose a project subject and define the objectives of the project under the supervision of a faculty member, and prepare the project proposal including: defining the statement of the problem, defining system requirements, defining different candidate solutions for the problem of study, making feasibility study for different candidate solutions, defining the best candidate solution, defining time table schedule. Students pass through set of evaluation during the Final Year Project Course.
FYP milestones and evaluation stages
The FYP milestones, deliverables, evaluation stages along with their timelines are given below.
|Ideas Compilation||Before Summer|
|Idea Selection||Before Summer|
|Enrollment in Internship Program||Summer|
|Feasibility Study||Fall Semester|
|Requirement Engineering/Analysis||Fall Semester|
|Evaluation 1||Mid Fall Semester|
|Project Design/Partial Development||Fall Semester|
|Evaluation 2/ Initial Demonstration||End of Fall Semester|
|Complete Development||Spring Semester|
|Evaluation 3/ Project Demonstration||Mid Spring Semester|
|Industrial Open House||Mid Spring Semester|
|Deployment/ KPI fulfill||Spring Semester|
|Evaluation 4/Project Expo||Post Mid Spring Semester|
|Thesis Submission||End of Spring Semester|